Again, Thank you for booking your training with us and do not hesitate to contact us for any questions!
Shaping your Program and Portfolio Performance
The support of company officers in leading the portfolio and program management effort can significantly improve the overall performance of projects in the enterprise.
In this half-day executive briefing, attendees are introduced to the life cycles for program and portfolio management, the process of building the portfolio capability, the importance of their roles in governance, and the discipline that comes with working within capacity. Specific examples will illustrate how this discipline will drive a direct increase in both the number of projects completed each year, and in overall business performance.
This Briefing will give leaders a framework for understanding their role in building, supporting, and sustaining an effective portfolio and program management infrastructure. Attendees will leave the course with key tools they will use for governance of the portfolio, and examine the key questions all executives should be asking about the portfolio and program management process.
Attendees should come to this course prepared with an inventory of projects in the organization.
- Examine the life cycles for the portfolio and programs, and understand the critical alignment between them and the organization’s strategic plan
- Build, optimize, and manage the inventory of projects through prioritization, balancing, and governance
- Understand the duties and responsibilities of the program manager and team, and learn key tools for selecting the right staff
- Explore of the relationship between project size, risk, and complexitiy, and see the affect each can have on programs
- Learn to define organizational enablers to support a best-in-class portfolio, program, and project management system
- Learn to select the proper governance structure based on organizational maturity