Again, Thank you for booking your training with us and do not hesitate to contact us for any questions!
The Cadence Portfolio Management course helps organizations managing the connection between their strategic goals and the programs and projects they undertake to support them.
When there is a disconnect between an organization’s strategic initiatives and the projects currently in development, it is typically the result of poor management of the organization’s portfolio of projects. As a result, projects are not authorized based on the strategic goals of the company.The Cadence Portfolio Management course provides organizational leaders with the tools they need to build a project portfolio based on the company’s strategic goals. A robust portfolio management process serves as a guide for the executive team to make responsible authorization decisions in a practical and systematic fashion.Attendees are able to define the portfolio management structure, and understand the relationship between portfolio management, program management, and project management. Further, they are able to align projects in the portfolio to the Business Planning Cycle and the overall organizational strategy. They are able to develop a portfolio management structure in the context of their project environment, and they understand the tools they will need to manage, measure, and improve in service of organizational strategy.
- Define the context and components of a portfolio and portfolio management.
- Identify elements of organizational maturity necessary for portfolio management.
- Develop organizational structures and reporting relationships for portfolio responsibilities.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the portfolio manager and portfolio management Stakeholders.
- Learn to prioritize projects within the portfolio systematically.
- Understand the strategic changes and organizational influences that cause the portfolio to be updated over time
This course is part of the Organizational Project Management (OPM) Series of training courses offered by Cadence Europe. As with all Cadence offerings, the course format emphasizes practical and straightforward techniques to facilitate retention and immediate application after the seminar.