Again, Thank you for booking your training with us and do not hesitate to contact us for any questions!
Understand how program management can deliver strategic initiatives for the organization. Learn how to see the “big picture” from the program and strategic level. Discover how to implement a successful program with repeatable process. Learn techniques to define roles, to pro actively identify issues, and set expectations. The Cadence Program Management course teaches organizations to broaden their frame of reference beyond project management, and implement program management effectively.
As organizations mature in their project management initiatives, there comes a natural increase in complexity and sophistication of the project management environment. As more projects compete with increasingly limited resources and grow to support large company initiatives, it becomes critically important to ensure all projects are firmly tied to the organization’s strategic direction.
Upon completion, you will be able to:
- Define a program and show how the projects within it connect to the business plan and strategic goals of the company
- State the differences between program management and project management, and communicate the roles and responsibilities of those involved
- Increase the delivery of core program elements
- Develop a program Work Breakdown Structure and Responsibility Matrix
- Utilize project resources within the program in the most effective manner
- Understand your role in a program, how you can best serve the project and program environment
- Use the program life cycle to manage & control multiple concurrent programs
This course focuses on
- Program Management Definition
- Business / strategic Planning life Cycle as input to the program life cycle
- Initiation of a Program, Program Profile
- Program Manager Selection
- Program Team Roles and Responsibilities
- Keys to Project Selection within the Program
- Program Work Breakdown Structure and Master Schedule
- Stakeholder Management
- Program Control and Closeout
This course is part of the Organizational Project Management (OPM) Series of project management training courses offered by Cadence. As with all Cadence offerings, the course format emphasizes practical and straightforward techniques to facilitate retention and immediate application after the seminar.
Training informationAudience: Presidents, Vice Presidents, Directors, Program Managers, Project Managers Duration: 3 days (08.30-17.30 u.) Class size: 12 participants max PDUs: 24
Cost: Open enrolment: please take a look at our pricing page.
Team or In-house group: please ask for proposal.